What is Sports Massage?
Life can put stress and strain on your body and Sports Massage works deeply on your body’s tissues, releasing muscle tension and relieving aches and pains. The same techniques apply whether you have a sporting or lifestyle problem. This is why Sports Massage can also be termed ‘Remedial or Therapeutic Massage’ or ‘Soft Tissue Therapy’.
Sports Massage is not about superficial feelings of relaxation (although you may get that too!). Using different techniques, it aims to make long lasting changes to your soft tissues that will allow you body to function properly again. This may help in a sports setting e.g. increasing flexibility and performance or in everyday life e.g. improving posture and reducing muscular discomfort.
- Relieve tension and pain
- Increase flexibility
- Help improve performance and motivation
- Improve posture and restore correct balance of muscle usage
- Help prevent and reduce recovery time from injuries
What is Massage good for?
- Tension headache and migraine
- Rounded shoulders, poor posture
- Upper back and shoulder pain
- Neck pain including wry neck and whiplash
- Lower back pain, one-sided or whole back
- Pelvis imbalance and rotations
- Pulled and tight muscles
- Achilles tendon pain
- Strains and sprains
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Calf and shin pain
- Sciatic pain
- Piriformis syndrome
- Biomechanical issues